There are two ways to stop using Facebook:
- Deactivate your Facebook
- Delete your Facebook
If you aren’t ready to completely delete your Facebook account, you can just deactivate it. Your account will no longer be visible on Facebook, but you can activate your account again at any time by logging in to Facebook. Essentially this puts your account on ‘stand-by’ mode. Follow the steps below to deactivate your Facebook account:
1. Firstly, log in to your Facebook account
2. Go to settings by clicking on the drop-down arrow in the top right corner of the page
3. Navigate to “Your Facebook Information” and click on “Deactivation and Deletion”
4. Choose the “Deactivate Account” option and click continue
5. Answer the questions and click “Deactivate”
Click “Deactivate” in the screen above
Permanently deleting Facebook is pretty simple if you follow the steps listed below. If you really want to stop using Facebook and you want to completely delete your account, you will have to use the account removal form. Follow the steps listed below to permanently delete your account:
1. Log in to your Facebook account
2. Click this link to access the account removal form
3. Click on “Delete Account”
Click on “Delete account” to permanently delete your Facebook account.
After deleting your account, you have a 30-day reflection period. During this time you can cancel the deletion process of your Facebook account. If you choose to go through with the deletion and decide at a later time that you would like to use Facebook again, you’ll need to create a new Facebook account. Your original account and the data held within it will no longer be available.