Which lotteries exist in the Netherlands?
Dutch people love to gamble. You can buy scratch cards at the supermarket, you can bet on football games and there are currently 8 Dutch lotteries:
- The BankGiro Loterij
- The Staatsloterij
- The Lotto
- The Vriendenloterij
- The Miljoenenspel
- Lucky Day
- The Nationale Postcode Loterij
- The Eurojackpot
BankGiro Loterij Results
You can find the results of the draw on the BankGiro Loterij website. The results are always announced on the 10th of every month. There are a few extra annual draws. They are:
- The Easter draw
- The Autumn draw
- The Christmas Draw
How much does it cost to participate in various lotteries?
Playing the lottery isn’t cheap. If you have a subscription to a lottery, you often play for all draws. This can become very costly each year. Below are the costs per year*:
- The BankGiro Loterij costs € 165 per year
- The Staatsloterij costs € 180 per year
- The Lotto costs € 128 per year
- The Vriendenloterij costs € 192,50 per year
- The Miljoenenspel costs € 260 per year
- Lucky Day costs between € 1,50 and € 22,50 per day
- The Nationale Postcode Loterij costs € 189 per year
Save by cancelling the BankGiro Loterij
As you can see above, the various lotteries cost handfuls of money. And the chance you’ll win is extremely small. You can save a minimum of € 165 a year by cancelling your BankGiro Loterij subscription.
* The costs can vary from the true costs per year and depend on the subscription type.